Saturday, May 24, 2008

My prayer...


Dear God,
Generally speaking (for myself), there are times when you feel like testing the waters and sometimes those waters almost take you asunder. There are times when you feel like nothing makes sense. There are times when nothing comes to fruition in your life and you really really want it to. Dear God. Oh Dear God. Thank you for rescuing my soul. For saving a wretch like me. This letter is for you but also I want the world to know that you are a rescue-er. You reach to the depths of our being. You create life where only death remains. You destroy poverty. You destroy depression. YOU create, educate and inspire. Thank you. You chase us down and remind us of your Spirit. Your Holy Spirit. Let me hear your voice and let those in my life hear your voice and penetrate their hearts. Bless everyone who reads this whether they think I'm crazy or not! You do crazy things, God. Yet you are not crazy. Quite the opposite. Thank you for speaking through your people and for giving your gifts so freely. I love you. Yes, more than life, I love you. "Thank you" is not enough for what I feel inside.

Isaiah 54:11 (New International Version)

New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society


11 "O afflicted city, lashed by storms and not comforted,
I will build you with stones of turquoise,
your foundations with sapphires.


Like a Christmas bulb on the tree of life, your light will shine through me forever and ever alongside my husband and future children and their children. God, let your light and your life shine through me and all future generations thereafter! A new day has dawned and it's a new season. I feel a new strength within me and I want to stomp my feet and run as if I just won the lottery. God, thank you for writers - thank you for artists. Thank you for creativity. Surround me with it and fill me with it in this new day!
Love Your Daughter,
Denise

No comments: