Friday, August 31, 2007

Surf

All that consumes my thinking is the new house- the new house- the new house...ahhhh!!!! We haven't set a move date yet for sure but it will be sometime in September. We're closing on our house on September 7th and I feel like after that is final then I'll be totally ready to start packing and moving. I'm pretty organized already but as soon as we get those house keys we'll start moving boxes over with stuff like books, cds, and any kitchen appliances or stuff that isn't totally needed until we have our "big" move in date with all of our furniture...which isn't that much, BTW. We live in a tight 1 bedroom apartment and we're ready to expand ourselves. That house will feel like a mansion compared to where we live right now. :) So anyway...the sellers offered to paint our living room for us b/c the purple is definitely not a common choice for a living room. It's a good thing it's not "Barney" purple so it won't take primer to cover it first. They even reimbursed us for the paint that we picked out and brought over to them.
Ryan and I agonized over choosing this paint color. It was very difficult to do. But anyway here are some pics from
http://www.marthastewart.com/article/small-space-makeover?lnc=1a89cf380e1dd010VgnVCM1000005b09a00aRCRD&page=1&rsc=articlecontent_home

that inspired me to choose this color called "surf" by Martha Stewart paints.



I really feel like that bluish pale color is very soothing and I think it will match our furniture and curtains for now until we can afford new stuff.(ahhh, don't know when that will happen) And I think the dark hardwood trim in our house will have a nice contrast against that blue. I'm excited to see it on the walls.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is going to look AMAZING!

Unknown said...

i really like this color. it was the color of my bedroom when i was living with my mom. it always made me feel like my room was a 'breath of fresh air'... even when it was dirty, hehe!