Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Organizing my small apartment...ugh~!

This past Friday I went to Target to get some major organization supplies!!!! I live in a very cute but very small apartment and I am outgrowing my closet space so I decided to be creative with organizing. I probably could have done a better job but overall I'm happy with the job that I did. I took everything out of both of my closets and put a rod extender in...so that there are two rods on top of each other instead of one...I should've taken pictures but it hangs from your regular closet rod and adds another one below it so you have double the space. I also bought a shoe rack for the shoes that I wear most often and it holds 20 pairs but I have WAAAy more in the other closet: (they used to fill the bottom of my little closet in my bedroom just piled on top of one another...bad bad nici!!!!)


I got a shabby chic - 3 way hamper

and put that in the bathroom replacing a shelving unit, which I moved into my bedroom (shown in the other pic above next to my shoe rack) and put a cute picture in a frame of me and Ryan from our trip to Jamaica in it. It's a really fun frame:


And then for my jeans which were filling up my entire closet when hung...I got this white shelving unit that matches my other IKEA white furniture:

I feel so much better in my bedroom now b/c things are organized in a way that I feel I actually "see" what I have...lots of times I forget what I have in my closets because they are so jammed pack and not as organized as they can be...It's hard in a really small space.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THAT IS super fun & cool! It looks so nice.. and really organized for sure bbb! I need to do that too!! I also LOVE the frame! My bestie with the bestest taste!! xoxox