Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Oliver, 4 months old


My sweet baby boy is 4 months old. Last night he devoured (Gerber stage I) sweet potatoes followed by a big bottle of his formula. That was only the second time that I fed him with a spoon. The first time it was baby rice cereal. He loves eating. He takes after his dad in that area. My favorite thing about Oliver is the way he smiles at me. It melts my heart like butter. First thing in the morning when I go to get him out of his crib he just gives me the biggest, most loving smile. There is no love like the love you have for your children. I can't imagine love greater than what I feel for Oliver. He is such a little character already. Last night Ryan took him to the doctor (I had to work so Dad took him) and when it was time to get his shots and before they did anything, Ryan said that Oliver knew that something was up and he started to cry as soon as the nurse who administers the shots came in. Ryan said he thinks he remembered from his last visit. And after he got his shots (one in each leg :( ) He gave the nurse a dirty look and then stopped crying. Ryan said as soon as they went out to the reception desk to check out Oliver was happy go lucky and flirting with the lady behind the desk. He cracks us up. He seems like he is so aware of everything that's going on. It's amazing to us how he responds to us sometimes. We are such giddy, first-time parents. Oliver, mom and dad just starting truly living the day you were born. Thank you for being our precious little boy. And we are thankful to God for giving us such an awe-inspiring gift!!!

No comments: