Saturday, August 2, 2008

indulge

Sorry that I've been MIA for almost 2 weeks! If you're reading this...Thanks for checking back! :) The reason I've been missing in the blogosphere is because I've been working like a maniac. I was just in New York City for 5 days. Right now my life seems like it's all work and while that is kind of depressing in some ways, I feel like I'm learning a lot AND growing in my ability to deal with difficult people.
While I was in New York City I went to a delightful Cacao Bar and Tea Salon called Marie Belle on Madison Avenue and I had the best lunch and of course dessert! I had a spicy hot blend made with a hint of chipotle, cinnamon and nutmeg. It was so yummie. It's kind of wierd to drink hot cocoa in the summer but I couldn't resist. It was perfect! After the cafe (pic shown below - I loved the decor!) we went and got our nails done.
But earlier that day we went to Barney's and sampled perfume but it was more like a wine tasting because we smelled the unique fragrances straight from France. There are stories behind every bottle. And I learned of a diehard perfume expert blog called Basenotes. Check out this interview with perfumer, Bertrand Duchaufour who worked on L’Artisan Parfumeur. This is the most unique perfume line that I ever heard of! Simply exquisite and irrestistible scents. I had such a great time smelling them and trying to figure out what was in them. It really was like a wine tasting! But my most favorite scent of the day was by Nasomatto and it was a tie between his two fragrances - Hindu Grass and Absinth.
I looooooooooooved these two bottles very very much! I enjoyed the whole experience of sampling and talking to the knowledgeable associates behind the counters. They are professionals who take their job very serious and the customer service is unlike anything you'd find at the Macy's counter here in my hometown.
There is something about indulging your senses and finding the art behind everything whether it's food, perfume, clothing, jewelry, writing, nature or music. I've been thinking about the fact that art is all around me everyday and if I would just take a minute to breathe it in and fully indulge my senses then I'm really living life to the fullest even when I'm broke or when life is very difficult.
So all in all I've been working really hard (harder than ever before) but still making time to indulge a little! Chocolate, Perfume and a manicure...sounds like a perfect way to spend an afternoon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a fun post bbb!!

Makes me want some fun new perfume...
Also what you ate sounds AMAZING....

I missed your blog... glad to have you back!

xoxox