Friday, August 8, 2008


This dude is the coolest. I want the green rug shown below for my dining room! I also love his throw pillows and plates (the folk and/or gothic ones...but I also love the artifacts and the aviary oh and the hongkong garden, and of course the coral (When I was in NYC a week or so ago I saw coral patterns a lot) ---ahhhh I love them all)



(Click on Pic to Enlarge)

+.+++.+.+++.+.+++.+.+++.+.+++.+


The Art of Being: Reflections on the Beauty and the Risk of Embracing Who We Are The Art of Being: Reflections on the Beauty and the Risk of Embracing Who We Are by Constance Rhodes


My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars
This book is worth reading. I like that it's a quick read - good for someone who is on the go and doesn't have much time to sit down and read forever and ever. My favorite chapter was by Ginny Owens, a blind girl, who found a deep relationship with God in the midst of trying to find a job as a music teacher after college to no avail (b/c of her blindness). She is now a singer/songwriter and testifies to how God is faithful in the midst of our darkest moments. I have been inspired beyond measure b/c of her story.

View all my reviews.


P.S. I keep listening to her song "If You Want Me To" over and over again. I like that she is very childlike and simple because life is complicated enough. It's a relief when someone else out there has gone through something tremendous enough and had the depth within to release it in a way that someone else out there (aka me) can totally relate to. It's like she's singing my song. How did she get a copy of my journal? Actually this song isn't new - this is a song that I found when I was in Bible college and I was having the hardest time being away from home and in an environment that didn't really make sense to me at the time. And now here I am 7 years later and it gives me chills because it touches on where I'm at exactly at this moment too. I'm not a super huge fan of her other music but this song "If You Want Me To" just really means the world to me! Thanks Ginny!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Worst friend & book club partner ever.
I still haven't read this.... le sigh.
I'm the worst!
Glad you still love me though! :)