Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Change of Heart | A New Earth

A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose A New Earth: Awakening to Your Life's Purpose by Eckhart Tolle


My review


rating: 1 of 5 stars
Ok. I only gave it one star. But this comes after much thought. I am a very open minded person. But after much prayer I feel that God revealed to me that the book is deceptive. It seems so true at first but then when Eckhart talks about Jesus and when he quotes the bible he used them way out of context. Reader beware! Sorry to say that but it is very contradictory to what the bible says and Eckhart is using the bible to support his thought process but it isn't conclusive. I loved reading the book and at times there were some pretty powerful truths communicated but honestly if you don't have a biblical knowledge this book will make you think that Jesus was just a good man and not who the bible says he is and that is misleading. I don't regret reading it though. I learned something-that's for sure.
I loved the book at first but in my pursuit of truth I found that it didn't line up with what I know to be true. We're all on our own journey and I'm no one to judge but I feel like this book was like an "angel of light" but not the right kind of light if that makes any sense.

No comments: