Sunday, January 6, 2008

Swedish Designer to watch:


I love designer Carin Wester from Stockholm, Sweden. She designs for H&M so she is more available for someone like me who is on a tighter budget. I love H&M. My husband and I had a lovely little shopping spree there as our christmas gift to one another. I got a really fun long leather belted bomber jacket in this really fun rust brown color. It has that "thrifted find" appeal. Back to what I love about Carin...she is known for versatility - her tailored pants with adjustable waist to be worn high or lower adjusted simply with buttons. She's also good with knitting - folklore knitted pieces. She's amazing with wool and using fun buttons on jackets to make it look old. I love her men's sweaters too. I think one of the sweaters that my husband got may have been designed by her. I recently read in a magazine article “My philosophy is to make clothes that are comfortable but still tailored in a unique way,” says Wester. And unique she is!

No comments: