Friday, January 4, 2008

hmmmmm.

Ok here's the deal, I posted these 2 videos because:

1. It gives just a glimpse at what of the candidates on both sides stand for at their core when it comes to moral issues.

2. Today I got a forward email that featured a little clip of Mike Huckabee and what he believes concerning Evolution. And she said in the email..."now it's all becoming clear who I'm voting for!" Ok, so as if evolution will help you run the country...it's a lot more in depth than that I would think. And I do profess to be a Christian. I love Jesus. I believe he died on the cross for me. It reminds me of what my friend (former pastor) and I were talking about the other day. A lot of (non-denominational) mega churches these days have pastors who fall morally or who have staffs that run a-muck (sp? word yikes?). I believe that they started out with good intentions but their churches got so big that it became a business (i can just see Jesus turning over the tables now) and alot of these pastors don't have the education to back them up. Running a church is a big deal. All that money and all those people and their needs! And their churches fail and make a mockery of christians because they aren't prepared to handle that level of responsibility. The same thing could be said for choosing a president. WE need to make sure whoever is in office is smart and is looking at REAL issues and that we don't just get hung up on religion. Because God is God no matter who is in the oval office.

3. Just because someone is a Christian, or they say that they're a Christian doesn't mean they can run our country with the wisdom needed. I don't want to be an ignorant Christian failing to really think and research the candidates and end up just jumping on a religious bandwagon. We're voting for a president, folks...not a pastor for the country. There are issues that are very important like healthcare, war, the economy. And we need to look at the person from all angles, but anyway...take a look at both of these videos:



2 comments:

Lanii Be Good said...

I think your number 3 point really hits the whole issue on the head. Fact is, God is in control of who reigns. I think it is important to vote for a Christian when possible b/c the foundation is at least in the proper place and should the leader stray or make some bad decisions (as humans are apt to do) it wouldn't be as bad as say, a supposedly peaceful Muslim (or former Muslim like Obama - which scares me) saying "Ok, ladies put the burkas on and burn the Bibles".

This IS still a Christian nation, founded on Biblical principles and the ruler has got to respect those and maintain them. Then you get people like Clinton who pretend to be Christians and then pass partial birth abortion and say that Jesus isn't the only way to Heaven, just the way he chose. No way I want him whispering in Hillary's ear - though I probably would have voted for him before I knew what he'd end up doing.

However, as Christians, "God works all things together for the good of those who love Him" so as much as we want to make the best, most educated choice we can, God will take care of us and of His people regardless of who is President.

I randomly found this article that I think is relevant and interesting. "The Biblical Basis for Christians in Gov't and Politics". I especially think Daniel 2:20-21 is helpful.

They're for Huckabee...haven't watched the videos yet but...as for me, there's no way I'm voting on anyone just because of 'what' they are: Black, Female or Christian.
http://www.whateveristrue.com/heritage/ticipate.htm

Lanii Be Good said...

Here's the other scripture I was looking for:

Romans 13(AMP)
1LET EVERY person be loyally subject to the governing (civil) authorities. For there is no authority except from God [by His permission, His sanction], and those that exist do so by God's appointment.(A)