Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Oprah and Friendship


I like Oprah. She is very egotistical but I like her depth and her powerful voice, especially in the early days of her show. She was always acting as a medium to show the stupidity of race, sexual, religious, and other forms of discrimination. I watched her 20th Anniversary dvd box set and I cried and laughed all the way through it. She had a section called Heartprints and it featured all of the guests that have really left a heartprint on her...and she's talked to ALOT of people. Even my husband, who was disappointed that I Netflixed Oprah...(hahaha) couldn't get up from the couch. He even shed some tears with me! haha
I think that Oprah and Gayle have such a unique friendship and I think that friendship is difficult to truly maintain. Relationships in general are hard to maintain...i.e. marriage...hello!?! But I think on matters of the heart a friend is truly always there for you! ALWAYS...she shares your concerns and listens and is never afraid to let you be you!
I have many friends but really I only hold a handful close. And the friends that are in my life for longer periods of time are the ones that I cherish the most!!!! I love how you don't talk to someone for like 5 years and then you see them again and you can just pick right back up and it's like you guys never stopped being friends even though life seperated you at the time.
It's really hard for me sometimes b/c I'm so sensitive so the friends in my life who understand that and affirm me know and love me the most. I try to be sensitive to my friends as well although I do fall short as we all will from time to time. It's forgiveness that brings you closer and makes the friendship even more real and deep. I love having friends. They make life more rich and full!!!!! I heard that women live longer when they have a true friend!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I loved this blog! It's true, you go through so much in life, it would be empty without true friends. I loved this blog, I feel the exact same way on this topic, which is why we are ohotb!! :) I love you!!!!!