Saturday, May 14, 2011

The Nate Berkus Show

One of my style icons for living beautifully is Nate Berkus. I discovered his show when I was home during the day while on maternity leave.

After talking about getting tickets for like ever, I finally went to his web site and requested free tickets. So last Thursday, Abigail and I went to THE NATE BERKUS SHOW! She's a big fan of his too! I got her hooked on his show.

I would've done this post sooner except that Blogger wasn't cooperating...not quite sure why it was down for so long.


We stopped by the studio way early before going out to a wonderful Thai lunch on 9th Ave. No line yet...too early!


Thai lunch...I had the red curry...Abigail had Pad Kee Mao. YUM!!!!! And we had mimosas...I had orange and she had a lychee mimosa.


In the audience....

For some reason they put us in the vip section. We were sat on the front row, smack dab in the middle. The studio was beautiful. (Almost) as beautiful as Nate himself...heehee. Yes, I shamefully have an itsy-bitsy crush on him. :) I was grinning from ear to ear the entire time were at the show. We were so close to Nate. One of the producers teased me and said "He smells like cookies", referring to Nate, of course. I think the producers of the show are so used to giddy, star-struck fans. It was a Thursday and they had already taped 8 shows that week! Craziness. They looked exhausted. I noticed that all of the women producers had flat, tall boots on. It's like their thing. I don't know why that stood out to me of all things. Probably because they are on their feet all day and flat boots can be so comfortable and they wear well and look better with time. (That's what Abigail and I concluded.) In between the taping of different segments there is a comedienne type producer who separated us into 3 groups and we played a trivia game. I was the leader of our group and we were in what they called "The Mosh Pit". Silly, yes but true. Probably because we were so close to the stage. We had a lot of fun. There is so much excitement and energy on the set. The bright lights, the music, the cameras everywhere...my cheeks hurt from smiling and my hands were sore from my ring smacking up against my hand when we clapped. So much clapping. 

We were only permitted to take pictures before and after the show started taping, so sorry, no pictures of Nate. Boo. I'm not sure when our episode will air. They told us to keep checking the Nate Berkus web site and look for our segments to find out the date. Our show was about a mother who turned in her son for a dining room makeover, a friend who turned in her shop-a-holic best friend, and a backyard makeover. Haven't seen it yet, but I will post a link when I find it. :)

I could go on and on, gushing about how cute Nate is and what he wore...heehee. I just love my Nate.

2 comments:

Lauren Schneck said...

Nate is really hot. Too bad he's also really gay :(

DENISE said...

heehee Lauren. I know. :) Doesn't stop me from loving him. haha.