Thursday, April 28, 2011

10 years

10 years ago today I was at my mother-in-law’s house getting prepped with my bridesmaids for my big day. On April 28, 2001, Ryan and I got married in his hometown - Greenville, Ohio. Looking back I’d do the ceremony differently, wear a different dress, different flowers etc., BUT I wouldn’t change a THING about marrying my Ry. He has been loyal, faithful, loving and supportive through so many ups and downs. We haven’t had a lot of money, fame or fortune but we have had each other and through life’s difficulties we have weathered MANY storms together. After 10 years of marriage, when the butterflies have faded, and the infatuation fog has been lifted what remains is a deep, satisfying connection that has matured into a more meaningful and richer love. When we decided to get married at 22 years old we knew that it was for the long-haul. We knew the difference between love and lust and we knew that there may come a day when love would feel more like a choice. I think a lot of couples divorce after the butterflies fade and real life kicks in…bills have to be paid, housework has to get done, jobs come and go, and there are many temptations. We have a beautiful son now and we just can’t believe that we got to be a part of “creating” Oliver. I look at him and see ourselves in him and it makes me realize what life is really about. I’m so glad that Ryan and I have made it through the shallow part of our marriage and are now approaching the deep. Here's to many more years to come, God willing!

Happy Anniversary Ryan! I love you SO much! Thank you for being in my life and for loving me and telling me I'm beautiful even when I have no makeup on and my hair is sticking up in the morning...and when those last 10 lbs. are still hanging around after having the baby! Thank you for being YOU. I would do it all over again if I had the choice. You ARE my soulmate, if there is such a thing. You are my best friend and I appreciate everything you are and everything you do for me and Oliver.

6 comments:

Jill Frack said...

Happy 10th Anniversary! What a milestone! Makes me happy to read about your awesome marriage Testimony and how God has blessed you! I pray that God Blesses you with many more years of marriage. It is great to see christian marriages as an example for others =)

Katrina said...

Happy Anniversary! Can't believe it's been 10 years already!

C.Y. said...

happy anniversary!!! kiss REDPASSION

My Own Strange Little World said...

Wow!! What a touching post!! Happy Anniversary to you two!! I hope I can write a similar post one day in the future...so nice!! And your baby is just sooooo cute and gorgeous!!! Thanks for your super lovely comment in my blog!! :-))

http://myownstrangelittle-world.blogspot.com

DESIGNS by Rashada said...

That's awesome guys!! Happy Anniversary!!

Aquí said...

gorgeous photo! Your dress was awesome!