Wednesday, April 7, 2010

20 Weeks...IT'S A....

Photobucket

Photobucket
BOY!!!!!!!


I was totally shocked because for some reason I felt like it was a girl. But we are happy! The baby is healthy - heart, spine, legs, arms, feet, hands, brain - all looked beautiful and perfect at this stage of the game. He was not wanting to show us his face though. He kept showing us his hands. The ultrasound technician said he must be a pianist because he has beautiful hands. Ha ha. She gave us lots of pics but he was in such an awkward position that it was kind of hard to see him at times. We could clearly see that he is a boy though. He wasn't hiding his manhood...that's for sure! :) The 4D ultrasound pics are kind of wierd looking to me - the baby looks like liquid mercury or clay and as he moved, the picture got very distorted and looked very strange. But it was a very emotional experience once again. I love ultrasounds! I'm so glad we're having a little boy. It took me a few hours to adjust my thinking because honestly all I pictured was having a girl and didn't really see myself with a little boy. But I'm going to love him. And everyone keeps telling me that boys are easier to raise. And a really good friend of mine (eh hem, Katrina) already has TWO boxes of almost new baby clothes for him. Now the fun begins for real...decorating, shopping, etc. And picking out a boy's name. It's SO hard!!!! Any suggestions? I kind of like Aiden. Or Forrest. I don't know. It's so hard to pick a name!!! Well it's been a long, emotional day. I'm ready to hit the couch and watch some shows in my DVR. Still have Lost to watch. Yay....a baby boy!!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

yay!!! i'm glad it's a boy - now when you do have a little girl, she will have a tough older brother to protect her :) i like the names isaiah, chase, holden, banky, luke... and methuselah. i bet ryan is ecstatic!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh I am SO SO SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited for you, Ry, and Baby Boy Bean Weaver!!!!!!!!! :)

Joanna Goddard said...

so exciting!!!! i had to adjust my thinking too; i had always imagined having a girl, so i had to think of all the good things about having a boy and how sweet he is going to be. i think that's totally normal! i'm so excited for you guys :)