Sunday, March 22, 2009

Carolyn has been wanting to make her masterpiece of a dish {Okinawan, Bok Choy, Glazed Carrots and Shrimp with Miso sauce} for my husband and I for awhile now. Let me tell you it was worth the wait! The vibrant colors, the nutty, garlic-y sweet smell, the crunchy carrots, the sweet purple potato mash with the leafy green and perfectly seasoned bok choy perfectly dance together and make me feel like any minute Anthony Bourdain is going to join us at the table and sing his praise! This was probably my favorite vegetarian dish ever! The only thing I would've changed is the shrimp. I didn't realize that Carolyn usually grills Tiger Prawn sized shrimp instead of the puny ones that I got at the market. The dish would be just as good without the shrimp if it's not your thing. A million and one kudos to Carolyn who is such an amazing artist in the kitchen. She inspires me to be more creative AND healthy in my cooking. Carolyn, you're a ROCKSTAR in the kitchen!
Photobucket
Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

purple potatoooooes
they put a smile on my face

love YOU

Anonymous said...

yum!
and pretty photos/collage!