Sunday, January 18, 2009

Life is filled with so many ordinary moments as well as those annoying moments (like getting the news that your pipes froze and then burst while you were away on a business trip). With the lingering depression that America is in a "recession" and hearing of the millions who either lost their jobs or are about to lose their jobs I needed a "pick-me-up". Thank God my college/graphic design/artist/foodie friend Carolyn came to my rescue this weekend. She planned for us (highlighted map and all) and I didn't even have to think about where we were going. I had to work in the morning but had the afternoon free in the city. We walked through about a million and one galleries in Chelsea and it was heaven - just what the Dr. ordered. I had the roughest week prior and this was like a tall glass of relief. Walking through the galleries I felt such peace and inspiration. I felt that "ahhh" feeling. I liked it. And Carolyn was great company. We had a wonderful time looking at all the different artwork and our meal at Vatan was a food-gasmic experience...dare I say! We were totally blown away by our meal. Totally. I don't even know where to start with explaining our nineteen course Indian vegetarian meal. All I can say is it was amazing! I love NYC. There is just NO place like it! Here are a few of my iPhone pics from the day. Carolyn has more (she took pics of our meal at Vatan) and maybe she'll send me some so I can share too. Life is also filled with those "ahhhhhh" moments like the ones that I wish would last for ever. I just wish they happened more often! Art is my life. And when you really think about it...Everything is art.
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooh cool i haven't even seen some of these - i love your mirror one, you have to send me that! i think i'll be dreaming about Vatan until i can make it up there again. holy yum. i just wish i had 3 or more stomachs to hold all that food... sigh....

Anonymous said...

What a fun time!
These photos are awesome bbb!
What a perfect day!!!
Can't wait until our next trip!!!!
Xoxo