Thursday, March 6, 2008

From the Basement, Nigel Godrich

The Shins
The White Stripes
Thom Yorke

On one of our HD music channels my husband and I watch this show by Nigel Godrich, a nominated 'Producer of the Year' at the Grammy's who has worked with artists like Radiohead, Air, and Paul McCartney. It's a really cool show featuring bands like The Shins, The White Stripes, Thom Yorke performing in an intimate studio or "basement" setting. I really like how up close and personal it is especially being that it's in HD so you can see and hear everything so clear as if they are right there with you in the room. I love how it's filmed--great cinematography.

View Website. It's really awesome, because on the website you can click on an artist's name and view a clip from the show that they were featured on. My favorite is Thom Yorke, The Shins and Jose Gonzales. I also really like The White Stripes and PJ Harvey. The show is really really great. I love it.

No comments: