Saturday, December 29, 2007

i got a few new books today...


with my dear friend Jen! My friend Jen lives far far away and whenever she comes to visit I savor ever minute! We went to Barnes & Noble today and we got some fun stuff. We both got a 2008 Paris calendar!!!! Absolutely the best calendar ever. And I got 2 books that I really love:
Wide Open Spaces by Jim Palmer & Street Sketch Book by Tristan Manco
My friend Bill recommended Wide Open Spaces to me. Jim Palmer has a blog and it is awesome...check it out if you get the chance. http://www.divinenobodies.com/blog/ He also wrote a book called Divine Nobodies that I'll probably read at a later time.




I like looking at sketch book art:




drawing is the ultimate low-budget medium; you don't need huge resources or even a studio space to start making your mark. An image can be drawn simply with your hand on any surface, even a dusty window, or with a pen on a cheap exercise book.

I also got a new journal for 2008! Woot! And I got a moleskin sketch pad! I'm all set. I got the goods and the inspiration...now all i need to do is make the time!!!

2 comments:

Bill Cummings said...

Thanks for the 'shout-out' (that sounds old-school, huh?)! That's cool that you bought the Wide Open Spaces book! Let me know what you think... or blog about it as you go through it.

Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

I had so much fun with you- just like all our other bbb times. Sitting on the floor sifting through art books has to be my favorite time in a long time - relaxing in a quiet place and talking about this and that. Loved it and love you! Glad we got a picture! xo